Tuesday, July 3, 2012

What The Heck Is This?!

What is an 18-year-old who barely talks doing making a blog?! Why would he do this? Well, I'll tell you. 'Cause I feel like it. 

I'm probably just gonna throw whatever I feel like on here. Whatever seems like a good idea. Something I've been thinking. Something cool. Something funny. An album review every now and then. What's been happening in my life lately. Whatevs.

So, if you're offering a penny for my thoughts, this is where they'll be. And keep the penny. Really, I don't need it. But thanks for the offer.

-Trevor

4 comments:

  1. The phrase "a penny for your thoughts" was first published in 1546 by John Heywood. If we take an average of 3.3% inflation (around the US long-term yearly average over the past 100 years) 466 years ago the value of a penny was around $1,454.24. You sure about that penny per thought charge?

    Glad you are blogging though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not to be a stick in the mud, but the rate of inflation is on an exponential curve (unfortunately for us) and the actual value of a penny in the mid 1500's was somewhere between that of a modern dime and a quarter (I could only calculate back as far as 1700, which got me a value of $0.21).
    Still seems a like a steep charge for a thought, though. Will you consider taking a half-penny instead? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was just a joke.

      I trusted an online calculator that gave me that number. I know it's exponential. Breaking down and doing the math myself I get $.01*(1.033^466)= $37,217.73.

      So its even more valuable!

      Delete
  3. Awesome! and follow mine brother!!

    ReplyDelete